Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

off topic any fishing out there

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,142
Wondering if any wallies are out there fishing ,i know it's tough through the ice i am waiting to go ice fishing in a week or so (as soon as i get a break and first time ice fishing too) but i,m itching to get some fresh water fishing in bass, cat fishing any fishing ,thinking to get some river fishing in on the ramapo today that is if i an escape the mrs. and waht ever she wants done around the home ,i'm waiting for that top water again peace and good luck clammy

R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    ice fishing

Love to fish but only when the boat floats...tough to troll this time of year, and working in the cold is bad enough let alone playing in it...closest I get to ice this time of year is watching our local AHL hockey team.....

Maine has a new thru-the-ice record for brook trout....a 9 pounder caught this week in a small pond in Western Maine. News story said it was a hachery fish but yum-yum, I bet it tasted pretty good coming out of the fry pan. !!!

Took a 6# 4oz largemouth and a 5# smalley on the same day last year....looking for (dreaming about) a better trip this year.

Bring on summer!!!!!!!!!
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,357
    no fishing here but spring is not far away

Delusions are helpful in a New England winter. I agree with Al I love to fish but only when I can float on the water. I leave walking on water to those more graceful than I.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Athomco
    Athomco Member Posts: 5
    Fish Story

All sound like a real fish story....Maine huh....
  • DavidK_2
    DavidK_2 Member Posts: 131
    I wish spring was nearly here

I'm tired of the cold. Maybe I'm getting old - or depressed. If I was hungry - or looking for a trophy - I'd make a hole in ice to fish. But for fun, I don't think so, though I understand that some could find it fun - after all seeing that rod tip jiggle is fun . . . :)
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Could have trolled yesterday....

Drilled so many holes yesterday for the tournament that I swear you could of trolled half the lake.  I did end up finding a few in what was two of the last holes drilled. 

These tournaments are great......took second place with a wimpy little perch.  10", 12.5 oz.  Can't complain though, I'm sure I will find use for the nice 2009 Polaris 4-wheeler that little fish scored me.

I would rather be floating my boat in some tropical Canadian shield rock lake myself, but in Minnesota we have ice thick enough to drive on for at least four to five months so we try to make the best of it.  Lots of beer, huge permanents with amenities like satellite tv, stoves and beds.  Some guys are considered MIA until spring.  Enjoy!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• DavidK_2
    DavidK_2 Member Posts: 131
    so the fish was worth

its weight in gold - more or less.

I do enjoy driving and racing on ice. Last winter none of the lakes froze enough for that. I can see where a nice ice hut would be a good escape - and fun. And I'm sure you have figured out how to monitor all you holes from the comfort of you hut. Different strokes . ..
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    hatches

Been trying to catch the afternoon hatches, all fishing here (Rockies) is small #20-24 midge patterns, but no keepers this winter. Several moose and bald eagles so not all bad. Even had the gloves off for like 10 minutes last time....

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
This discussion has been closed.