Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best Propane Boiler for the $$$$$

Kirch
Kirch Member Posts: 1
Looking to convert my current oil hot water system over to propane and am wondering what the best high efficiency boiler currently is. looking in the 120-150k btu range. Heating system is used for hot water baseboard and radient heat.

Who makes the Benz of the propane boilers? just looking for a good reliable unit with high efficiency at a good value.

thanks,

Dave

Comments

• eluv8
    eluv8 Member Posts: 174
    Best Propane Boiler

That should bring some interesting comments as usual, due to the subjective nature of the question.

Parts availability is a definite plus for your area. If its mechanical it will break.... and usually on a holiday, weekend or when the in-laws are coming into town.

Proper installation and maintenance are key to a long life of any heating system. Some are more forgiving than others.

As for me I have two choices I use. For the budget or smaller projects I have been very happy with the Peerless Purefire for a Condensing Boiler, simple to convert to LP has a nice warranty, run tested from the factory and a decent control setup however for some reason availability seems to be an issue. My upgraded choice I guess you could call it would be a lesser known boiler called the Hamilton Engineering Evo. It is also easy to convert to Lp, has a nice control package also run tested from the factory and I have boilers running that have condensate running not dripping with 130 return water temps. First one we installed we thought we had a leak there was so much condensate. Same as Peerless, availability can be an issue but it is a known risk and can be managed.
This discussion has been closed.