Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aquastat replacement

Scott13
Scott13 Member Posts: 8
I have a 36 year old boiler with an aquastat that does nothing.  I'd like to replace it with a new one, as I can not get the temperature in my boiler above 150 degrees, which does not quite heat my house up sufficiently when it gets down around 0 degrees fahrenheit.  The problem I am having is that the current aquastat is a Honeywell T5001A and it looks as though this product is long gone.  Can I replace this thing with pretty much any aquastat, or do I need a specific model?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Scott

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    There Are

24 T5001A that come up when I cross ref. Do you have the last 4 numbers.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Scott13
    Scott13 Member Posts: 8

Attached is a picture with what is stamped on the side.

First line: T5001A

Second Line: V5155A1730-3

Last Line: CU3
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Uhhh. That's not just an aquastat...

That's a modulating gas valve. And they used them for a reason. My suggestion is that unless you are extremely proficient, you would be best to seek good professional help.

If the heat exchanger is crudded up, and you start sending full capacity BTUH into the heat exchanger, you could end up in the back pages of a news paper (read obituaries).

Serious stuff here.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    There are no

replacements listed period by honeywell for this vlv. Like Mark said, Seek professional help.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.