Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pressuretrol help

my  steam bolier  has  two pressuretrols one  with a  reset the other  without. can anybody  tell me  why the  one  with the  reset is constantly  tripping? we  already  repaced the  pressuretrol  with the  reset and  are thinking of  replacing the  other.  any  ideas?

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,142
    pig tail

May be the pig tail to the pressuretrol is logged and the boiler is just running off the manual reset LWCO until it trip it off being the operating pressuretrol is not working,if you are not familiar with the safeties and there purposes you may be better off contacting your regular service provider peace and good luck clammy

R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    tripping pressurtrol

i think clammy has nailed it-clooged pig-tail. when you get your service person back again, have him put a good low pressure gauge [gaugestore.com, 0-3 psi], so you can catch this sooner the next time.

any pressure over 12 ounces, is a waste of money, and any pressure over 24 ounces, is a big waste of money. any pressure over 48 ounces, and your vents become paperweights. remember your gas company likes your high pressure!--nbc
  • JK_3
    JK_3 Member Posts: 240
    edited January 2010
    In nyc

It is code to have 1 automatic reset pressuretrol and 1 manual reset pressuretrol in buildings with commerical space or multi family. The automatic should be set to the desired operating pressure and the other I usually set 2 lbs higher than the high pressure on the automatic. If the manual is needing to be reset it indicates the automatic is not cutting out at its high setting.Some of the more common reasons for this are a clooged pigtail on the automatic,defective automatic,or miswired. Hope this helps.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.