Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

cool rad today

Doing a connected-load survey to get a handle on a steam boiler size & ran into a Solray 4-sided very slender tube rad with a CI fin-tube running down the inside center.

Outside dim: 6.5" wide; 93" long; 27" high

End sections are 4T; sides are 9 - 6T + 1 - 3T

That adds up to 122 tubes & the center CI finned tube is cocked on an angle and connected to the two end panels.

Lovely old gal & the folks at Weil are searching their archives for info.

The boiler, on the other hand, is wildly oversized maintaining 5- to 7lbs pressure 24/7.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Got photos?

Love to see it. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • D'OH!

No dag nab it. The visit came up suddenly due to the church consistory committee wanting another opinion. But, Weil came through rapidly with a tech-spec page I can fax your way.

I will be returning for an evening presentation to the church group. If possible, I'll shoot it and a few other things at that time.

The steam sins committed in this holy structure are devilish.  The Wall has eyes, so I'll leave it at that for now. But, I enjoy being the last one invited to the bid party and departing from the path laid out by the others. Lots of lovely old steam-only (not joined across the top) rads. The boiler is 52% oversized after completing the connected load and adding a 30% pick-up factor.   
This discussion has been closed.