Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

panel rads and wilo pd pump and control opions?

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,142
Wondering if any have used these pumps inconjuction with panel rads and if you have ,did you use the divertor rad valves or just install a pdv down in the boiler room .I like using the divertor valve due to the fact that flow is established up to the divertor valve and held back depending wheather the trv is open or closed.I was hoping to use a wilo if with in the budget .This sytem would be using a mod con with odr and a ranco etc to bring the pump on to run constant circ and for a indoor stat i was planning on using a white rodgers temperture averaging thermostat using 3 remote sensors and the main stat to average the temps and determine wheather the boil fires .I am a little concerned with just using one stat due to the fact that it is a 3 story home with a small near on grade addition that's heat lose is a bit off and my think is that with the remote sensor i would be cycling the boiler based on the average temps throughout the house .The panel rad system would be a home run system using 1/2 inch uponor pex al pex feed from a uponor 12 port classic manifold with flow setters .I am still up in the air over wheather to use a small buffer tank (boiler buddy) or the standard hydro seperator  the boiler is sized correctly according to the heat lose that i have performed .After some discussion with the HO about a few concerns that i had over the overall heat lose and panel rad locations and access  we had both made some concession and in the higher heat lose areas to keep the costs down we had opted to use 1 large panel rad over using 2  .None of these hi heat lose room where over 12 x12 nor where there heat lose over 10,000 btu .I wait to see what other have to say and if they have any suggestion on improving this design i.m always looking for a better way to offer my custermers a great performing system thanks to all peace and good luck clammy

R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• mor
    mor Member Posts: 42
    outside.

you may want to put the Tstat outside. Outside sensing. with trv for individual control MB
This discussion has been closed.