Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

mod com for hi temp commerial application

Options
clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,111
Looking at a job and due to alot of restrants ( venting,space,btu reguirements,combustion air ) we hoping to use a 399 purefire except we are waiting for the manafature to give us the ok on using it with a max temp of 220.We already know that the vent materal must be upgraded to stainless whih is not a issue and being out of the condensing mode is not a issue either .We may be able to get away with a lower temp but from the oven manafacturer states 220 water at 10 gpm because the oven is really designed for use with steam exept there is no steam boiler and we would be limited to the size of a steamer due to direct vent issues space and the fact that we would need at least 2 boilers and then a condensate pump set up.So basically does anyone know if these type of heat exchanger are capable of producing 220 degree water temps ,i also realize that the manual reset hi limit would have to be up graded to a higher temp.They have and do have a smaller hot water boiler serving a pre heat heat exhanger and a mixing kettle and it works fine according to personal who operate it except they can't reach there max temps due to design faults caused by improper design of the distrubition side of the boiler and not a large enough btu output of the boiler and a undersized gas supply.The manafactures of the kettles and ovens are very vague but the bussiness owner is very understanding and realizes that we don't want to install a undersized boiler and waste there money on something that does not work or produce the desired results PS as for input  rating the oven states 200 psi steam at 376 degree that's some rating ?vague yeah i would guess being the oven only needs to maintain a 160 to 170 temp think that's achiveable with that input i would think so ,Thanks for any input or experenes peace and good luck and happy holidays to all clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
This discussion has been closed.