Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prestige Solo inducer fan

Options
Wayco Wayne_2
Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
I just had to replace the inducer fan in the first Prestige boiler I installed 4 years ago. The bearings were shot and the fan wheel had lots of wiggle and play to the point it was making a racket too. I am concerned. Am I to expect a 4 year life span on all of the Prestige Solo inducer fans? I have a lot of them out there. 4 years is not a long enough time for a part to wear out so soon.  Are the replacement blowers built any better? Has anyone else seen a trend of this problem? I lived through the Mucnhkin inducer fan problems and don't want to go through that again. At least Triangle Tube sends all of the screws and gaskets along with the new motor and 2 specialty tools to help with the replacement. WW 

Comments

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Options

of this morning, and no replies. Maybe this is good, maybe not. This was the first TT Solo I put in. Maybe the rest are wearing out as I type. Ack! 
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,761
    Options
    Re: prestige fan failures

Wayne, I too have installed many of the Prestige over the last 4 years. No part failures to speak of except a doa fan on my first Prestige boiler about 4 yrs ago. Tim
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Options
    I didnt reply because

I didnt want to jinx myself..LOL.  I also have been installing them since they were introduced and have yet to have a single problem. I purchased the repair kit from triangle after attending my first training school in Blackwood NJ and it still has all the original parts in it. I believe the new fan will be an A/C motor and you will have to use the alternate wireing harness. Tell us how that went for you.
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Options
    easy peezy

The replacement motor was a direct replacement. Because TT sends a long phillips screwdriver and a torx wrench in the motor replacement kit the job is very easy. The customer said the heard the boiler getting noisy before it failed. Bearing were worn out. A friend has suggested it was built on a friday and someone forgot to lubricate it. I hope that's the case.
This discussion has been closed.