Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Auto Fill Issue

Options
Does any one know what I should do with my auto fill feature on my boiler.  I have a Taco auto feeder with connected to my water line into the boiler.  I also have a Peerless boiler EC model with a float type low water cut off and a Taco low water control.  I have noticed this year that the auto feeder kicks on and does not stop filling until the water in the glass is completely full.  I know from what I am reading on this site that this is very bad.  I have shut off the power and tried to reset the auto feeder, this will work for a day or so then it will come on again.  I have shut the water off to the boiler in order to keep the water level from getting to high. When I do this the Taco auto feeder comes on and tries to get water until the unit shuts itself off and the red light comes on.  I am very faithful in the fact that weekly I drain the dirty water out of the LWCO and I replace the water that I drained with new water to maintain approx 1/2 glass of water.  My boiler is on it's 4th season and I can not figure out why it keeps feeding water to the boiler.  When it gets to full the system bangs and pushes water into the radiators which is what I have successfully avoided this heat season.  I hope this forum has some ideas for me.  Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.