Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How's the fishing? (OT)

Options
Timco
Timco Member Posts: 3,040
Went up last week, and heading up this week.High Uinta Mountains.  Brookies & river trout biting on small #22 or #24 midges. Saw 6 bald eagles, and had deer walk up on us. Only about 20 min of warm enough to take the gloves off but worth every second!

Tim
Just a guy running some pipes.

Comments

• EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Options
    8-10 Inches of ice here

Walleyes are biting big time, same with the crappies....so everyone is telling me.  Can't find time between jobs to get out.  Enjoy!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Clif Heeney_2
    Clif Heeney_2 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Where?

Hi Tim?

Where exactly are you going?  Where is your favorite place(s) in the High Uintas?

Did you ever try the fishing from Flaming Gorge Dam down to Little Hole?

Vernal is my hometown, so all these places are in my old backyard.  Enjoy your time!

Clif
  • Timco
    Options
    favorite spots

I like the Middle & Lower Provo between Midway & Heber, and below Deercreek Dam, and the Weber up between Wanship & Coalville. Good fishing right now, lots of ice. My favorite spot is Strawberry res all summer long. Pretty busy for the past year plus, but I make time to fish & shoot to stay calm. Vernal? Where are you now? Why did you leave? I always did like that area. Next trip is below Flaming Gorge dam, Dutch John?

Tim
  • DavidK_2
    DavidK_2 Member Posts: 131
    Options
    One of my best fishing trips

was the stretch below flaming gorge dam. The fish were big, we had no net, we had to trick (guide) them into jumping into the boat :)
  • Timco
    Options
    sounds good

Looks like that must be my next trip. Did you fish it in the winter? Tough conditions but I am ready for that challenge!

Tim
  • DavidK_2
    DavidK_2 Member Posts: 131
    Options
    it was warm

when I went - don't remember the time of year
  • Clif Heeney_2
    Clif Heeney_2 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Vernal

Hey Tim!

Vernal is about 3 hours east of SLC on US 40, a little under 2 hours on east from Strawberry Res.  I am living in Tallinn, Estonia.  Left Vernal in 1990, but my parents and one sister still live there.  It was where I was born and raised there, lots of friends and memories there.

I have several friends who are guides on the float trip from Flaming Gorge Dam down to Little Hole.  The fishing is still good even in the winter, as they regulate the temperature of the water being released through the turbines at the dam.  I am sure that you will have a good time fishing below the dam.  Let us know how you do!

Best Regards,

Clif
This discussion has been closed.