Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

sediment

Options
I have a radient system with a Weil Mclain Ultra which I am getting an extraordinary amt of sediment from.  I have onyx tubing throughout (staple-up) and pex in the basement.  I have an in line strainer on the supply side just out of the boiler.  I am cleaning the strainer about every other day with a large amount of sediment. (about a quartes size ball) some days.  I thought I had a bad heat exchanger and changed it lase htg season.  during the summer months the sediment was just about gone.  now that the htg is started up I have the large sediment problem again. I had the sediment tested last season and the findings were 50% aluminum.  the only thing aluminum is the heat exahanger. the water was also tested and came out fine.  I am on regular city water.  any ideas what may be causing this problem?     I have used Hydrosolve 9100 - flushed - followed by Protek(sp?) scale inhibitor which seemed to help. (this was before the exchanger changeout) any thoughts on this product?

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You need

the magical potion that Weil is now selling with all their boilers. The Weil service bulletin sent out in September is attached.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.