Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Still hate a lot about this new wall

NRT_Rob
NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
It's been awhile. I still hate not having email notification/subscription options on individual threads.

Just FYI.
Rob Brown
Designer for Rockport Mechanical
in beautiful Rockport Maine.

Comments

• Royboy
    Royboy Member Posts: 223
    no bookmarked threads a big loss for me too.

me too - that's my main disappointment with this new site. I used to have all sorts of threads bookmarked and then eventually download them for future reference. now they just disappear from view and I forget all about them.

for me it would be nice to see more threads visible per page - that's a customizable option on many sites.

on the plus side I like the new way of attachments popping up though I find that sometimes (using Safari on a Mac) I can't see the entire attachment and there's no scroll option. and the security check type-in is a lot easier to deal with than the old site.
  • New Wall

Yes..not being able to scroll the enlargements is a pain. I find I have to download them first and open them in a viewer. The search function now only seems to work for the posts. The old search function allowed you to search for information "Off the Wall".

- Rod
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 952
    Couldn't type

I went to reply to this in IE8 and as often happens, wouldn't let me type anything in the content box. So logged in with Firefox and behaving fine. Anybody have this happen? 
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Wish We had the choice

One of the features of the old wall I liked best was getting e-mail notifications on the threads you were apart of. I can understand why the change but it would be nice if we had the choice of whether or not we wanted to get e-mailed concerning a particular post and or thread.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• David Nadle
    David Nadle Member Posts: 624
    Happens to me every time

Click either the bold or italic button and the text box starts to work.

I would like a "new posts" search.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Thanks for the feedback.

I've put in a request to find out how much all of this will cost. You guys could help by advertising if you'd like.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    David,

RSS shows all the new posts. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    I got the quote ($1,200)

and I ordered the changes you requested. It will take a few weeks. Thanks for your patience. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Thanks Dan

Dan,

I for one appreciate your willing to listening and implementing our suggestions. Happy holidays to you and your family.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    that's great

this coming year will see changes. we'll likely join your ranks again soon.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
  • DanHolohan
    Thanks, guys.

They were excellent suggestions and I appreciate your taking the time to make them. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • Royboy
    Royboy Member Posts: 223
    thanks Dan

its really nice to have you respond by making the changes requested. I think it will be a great upgrade - I know that if some form of bookmarking threads is part of the change, it will greatly enhance the value of the site for me.

a nice christmas present!

a wonderful one to you and your family!

- and to all the rest of you guys (& gals).

Peace on Earth
This discussion has been closed.