Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

floor heat and overhead radiant heat

680 Member Posts: 1
I have a 60*75 *24 shop trying to decide if in floor heat can be paid for in fuel savings compaired to overhead raident the floor is not pored yet an will have 2" blue board under it and around it walls have 6" fiberglass roof has 10" fiberglass  I have worked in shops with overhead radiant and have liked it. will I get more savings than burner efficicy from overhead to floor. have herd that floor heat will not recover air temp as fast when big doors are opened in cold weather. This will be on propane

Thanks

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited December 2009
    Are We comparing

Savings between overhead radiant heaters and infloor radiant? I may be wrong but I think it maybe less expensive to install the infloor than the overheads. Less maintenace issues also. If this is a automotive work shop having the nice warm slab would also be more comfortable. If properly designed I don't see the opening and closing of the doors as an issue. Think of the slab as one big radiator.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Please, check the rules.

We don't discuss pricing on this site. I removed your post below. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Robert_25
    Robert_25 Member Posts: 546
    Radiant Heated Shop

I live about 45 minutes south of Montreal, QC and have been in several truck shops that were similar in size to what you've listed and using radiant in-floor heat.  The shops are very comfortable, and recovery from opening a door is usually not an issue.  If the building is going to have multiple doors that may be open at the same time, you could consider a ceiling mounted Modine unit to boost recovery.
This discussion has been closed.