Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

H B SMITH boiler

fud215
fud215 Member Posts: 12
my company has a church we take care of and the smith boiler model 19-7 circulated hot water boiler has had 2 cracked sections in as many weeks.we replaced one section then today we went there and another section has cracked. the first one was the second section,now it is the third section. boiler is about 10yrs old and the concrete looks like it was poured when the boiler was installed. when we replaced the last section we replaced relief valve. we also serviced the burner beckett 1400 changed the nozzel 4.00x45 plp checked the pressures. do not know if the sections are defective.

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,624
    Re: H B SMITH boiler

You can contact my friend Kevin from Smith Boilers. I know he would  want to hear about this and I’m sure he can help you out.

Kevin O'Rourke c/o

Smith Cast Iron Boilers

korourke@mestek.com

(781) 740-4744

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Smith Boiler

Alan; when was the last time you talked with Kevin? Did you know he is with Sweeney-Rogers now? And, it's Smith Boilers now, not H.B. Smith. o.k.?

Jed
  • Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    cracking boiler

First...where is it cracking

Second...any kind of mixing device in the system

Third...sounds suspiciouly like thermal shock

Fourth...has anything changed in the system.

I've had one bad replacement section B4 but having two in a row is a big RED FLAG....find the problem and fix it, don't just treat the symptoms.

Good luck.
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    smith contact

Ask for Jim Gryerski. (spelling not right but just mumble the pronunciation as I spelled it and they will know who you want) He is very talented and will surely be of help. 

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,624
    Re: Smith Boiler

Hi Jed, Old habits die hard. I still call Beckett “R.W. Beckett” My last communication with Kevin was last week via e-mail (the one I posted here) and it was regarding the conformation of Smith Boiler Company renewing their banner ad on my web site for another year.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.