Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

what do you use for snow melt sensors??Zone valves too

mjcromp
mjcromp Member Posts: 57
I am wondering what you currently use for a snow melt sensor and if you have any problems with others??

Also what motor valves.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Not a snowmelt sensor that I haven't had a problem with...

You name it, I've used it, and had to replace it.

For accuracy, tekmar is best.

For cheapness, ETL is best.

Environmental guck (dirt) seems to clog the pores of the sensor, rendering it useless as (insert name/device/appendage here) on a wart hog :-)

The one thing that none of them has that REALLY needs to be included in the control loop logic, is the ability to anticipate snow fall. THe ENV logic has this ability, and it can either take the slab out of sleep mode and put it into idle mode, or if it is a fast moving snow storm, allow the end user to "ignore" that event, and avoid wasting a lot of energy on something that will self melt in short order anyway.

There is one new snowmelt sensor out of Canada that is on the market that I have yet to use, but based on my knowledge and experience, I doubt it is any better than what is currently on the market, but I will keep an open mind. Anyone use the Cannuck model?

ME

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852

• mjcromp
    mjcromp Member Posts: 57
    I'm almost scared

about the version 1.10 I like to see some revisions!! lol Thanks for your info. I have used a few brands and from using the ETI sensors (If I have a snow and all my jobs with those work I go buy a lottery ticket) I have found a huge liking to Caleffi but i'm not married to it. I want to make sure I'm using a good product and it's giving me a piece of mind not heartburn when it doesn't work.

I'm still looking for more input!  Thanks ME

This discussion has been closed.