Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I NEED HELP WITH MY THERMOSTAT AND HEATING UNIT

Lily
Lily Member Posts: 3
I have no idea what kind of heating unit this is, so i am posting pics. I have changed the old thermostat with the new hunter one, i connected all the wires with the exception of the blue one which doesnt have a name and i dont know what it is for. the hunter worked all summer (Az) and now that it is winter-y the heat doesnt work, so i put on the old one by memory, and now heat works but with super low airflow, nothing like before. I dont know what to do, i wish my hunter worked, if i have done something wrong please let me know how i can try and fix it. i would like to have the hunter working with heat and cool, if it is not compatible, please help me fix the airflow so that my heating and cooling can work fine with the old thermostat.

Thank you!!!!!

Lily

Comments

• Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 347
    edited December 2009
    try

Try moving the white wire you have on the B to W and stand back. J/k The hunter IMO isn't a good thermostat. With your pics, it really looks like you need a service call for some maintenance. The outside coil looks very dirty. Maybe schedule a service call and let them check out your system before doing anything to be safe
  • Lily
    so?

so should i move the white wire from B to W ??

Also when heater works the big fan outside doesn't work. i don't know if that is normal or not?
  • Lily
    :)

also wires labels are:

Y1YAir Conditioning processor- yellow

W/B - H - heating- white

RC -/VC - 24 volt cool- red

G/F-Fan-green

Blue - who knows?!

Can someone check and make sure i got the thermostat connected right?
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Seek professional advice....

If it is not wired correctly, you could do some serious damage to some expensive components.

THey really shouldn't sell some things to homeowners a Homers Despot...

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• joe p_3
    joe p_3 Member Posts: 6
    get a pro for heat pump t-stat

get a pro to wire the t-stat properly.  heat pumps work with a reversing valve that has to be wired according to the manufacturer's spec of powered for heat or powered for cool.  also, wire colors are only useful if you refer to both ends - what matters is that each wire has a function which is independent of its color.  
This discussion has been closed.