Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube Excellence tank leak?

mcycle
mcycle Member Posts: 7
Just installed not tied-in yet. Flushing and pressure testing stage.I pressurized the "inner" tank 1st than the "outer" tank "per instructions".<span>The pressure gauge "slowly"climbed to 20 psi (it was set at 12) so I brought it back down to 12psi and shut the isolation valve to the Watts 9D "PRV".</span><span>I watched as the pressure gauge "slowly" climb over the 12 psi mark.</span><span>I drained the "heating" tank leaving the "domestic" tank filled "per instructions" and watched as a small amount of water would periodically drip from the "heating" tank drain valve.</span><span><span>Any suggestions? I'm going to call Triangle Tube tomorrow.</span><span>Not happy, why should I have to eat a day labor if the tank needs to be replaced.</span></span>

Comments

• Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 605
    Sounds like

the classic symptoms of a tank in tank leak . I'm assuming the pressure in the boiler is rising while it's not running ? Can you isolate the heating zone going to the tank to see what happens with the boiler ?
  • mcycle
    mcycle Member Posts: 7
    steel tube in stainless tank

This is all during pressure testing; the gas meter isn’t hooked up yet.

I isolated and drained the “outer” heating section and watched a tiny amount of water drip out of the boiler side drain.

It does appear to be a tank in tank leak.
This discussion has been closed.