Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.


Can you use r-22 equipment, i.e. gauges, recovery machine, for R134a refrigerant? Can not find this info anywhere. And as it is a replacement for R502, we think it should be ok. We need to recover refrigerant from old refrigerators. 

Also, what about R404a? what guages/ recovery machine is compatible? This is for recovery from bad commercial ice machine.

Thanks for the help.


  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    To be pc

    They would want you buying different gauges and hoses for each refrigerant or blends that are out there.

    This is what i do and may be wrong in a lot of people eyes that get caught up in what some people would say to sell a product.

    I have two set of gauges.One i used for refrigerant and the other i used for blends.Then I carry a pressure/temp chart with me.That's it ,I see no harm or foul in the field by doing so.Sure you would need to empty your hoses from one blend to the other.

    As for the recovery machine..you will have to search on them and try to look into the future on with one would be used the most.
This discussion has been closed.