Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Doesn't usually snow here

but the temperatures have been dipping into the 20's with some dustings in the hills.

Needles to say, I've been busy with "no heat" calls.  It's good because the Summer was slow.
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    location?

Where are you in CA? I am from Antioch, just east of Oakland. (East Bay Area) 29* tonight there. It only snowed twice growing up there and when it got to freezing, there were warnings on all the news about covering hose bibs and disconnecting hoses. Down to 4* here in SLC tonight. LOTS of snow today...

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    I have a phone call in to Al Gore right now....

I wanna know when global warming is going to hit....

It is currently -15 degree F at the airport here in Denver Colorado, and -13 at my home up in the mountains.

Global warming, my butt....NOT!

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    We're at about 50 degrees

with very heavy rain and high winds. I'm going to hide under the bed until this passes. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • ScottE
    ScottE Member Posts: 8
    Does usually snow here...

but not like this.  got 15 inches since midnight..  Already had 4 inches at that point.  broke the support on my shovel. Forecast calls for temps below zero and gusts to 35 MPH.  No plows have come threw yet.  Have food and water, see you in the spring. 
  • It just goes to show

that it can always be worse.........or better for that matter.

Timco: I'm in Berkeley and I didn't know there were any Bay Area Wallies out there.  Our temperatures are about 10° warmer than yours right now.

• bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    location?

At first I thought the picture was taken from Grizzly peak and looking at the Richmond-San Rafael bridge. But isn't that Mt. Diablo in the back? I remember seeing two inches of snow on a Pacific Coast Highway street sign in Malibu.
  • Mt. Tamalpais

looking east..

Is that Bill Clinton?

• bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    East or West?

If you were in Berkeley looking at Mt. Tam you would be looking west. I thought the high part of the bridge was on the Richmond side to deal with the tankers. Of course that's assuming that is that bridge!  

Bay area stuff - couldn't resist. Oh, not B.C. Up here in AK
  • Those white buildings

in front of the bridge are San Quentin prison in Marin County, across the bridge from Richmond.

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    edited December 2009
    Mt. Diablo

My dad used to take us up to the top of Mt Diablo to see snow when we were kids. It only snowed twice ever growing up and once was when  was just 5 or so and my mom would not let us play in it so we would not get sick. We just got 4 inches or so total here...How is Berzerkly these days? Sacratomato? Anyone remember Dr. Donald D Rose on KFRC?

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
This discussion has been closed.