Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pex Tubing

Options
Steve_210
Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
Does anyone have an opinion on the best type of pex for radiant heat. Obviously it needs to have an oxygen barrier, but there are a lot of different manufacturers out there and a huge variation in price. I am just trying to figure out why there is such a cost difference.

Thanks

Comments

• Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options
    I like Veiga.

I prefer there stainless steel rings and they are stocked by most of my wholesalers. What you have in your area seems to be a driving factor for most plumbing and heating things. We try to avoid items we have to wait a few days to get by mail or UPS. I also like the brass fittings and the couple extra grip rings on the fitting.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Types of Pex Tubing

Sprinter I don't know if there is a best pex. I feel the tubing itself no matter what brand will out live all of us.

There are 3 methods in which pex is made. The method classifies the tubings designation as  PEX-A, PEX-B or PEX-C. This doesn't mean A is better than B or B is better than C.

I tend not to get caught up in the fitting so much with radiant. My feeling is that you should have no fittings in your loops and they should leave and arrive to the manifold clean. Most manifolds also use a compression style fitting to attach the tubing to the manifold. I prefer PEX-A as it gives me the ability to get a kink out without having to cut a coupling in and tends to be more flexible and easier to pull.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.