Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

negative pressure burner shut off

Big Ed_4
Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,929
Any recommendations for a burner shut off when the buildings pressure drops ?? I have this waste oil heater is a auto body shop . When the spray booth turns on the inside pressure drops killing the draft.  I need it set it up automatic. Looking for the right switch ?? 

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Tom Blackwell_2
    Tom Blackwell_2 Member Posts: 126
    Two suggestions

The most positive fix would be to simply interlock the spray booth exhaust fan with the heater. It probably takes a negative pressure of less than 0.15 inches of water to kill the draft, and finding a switch to reliably work at that level is difficult. A Dwyer 1638 series might work, but I would go with the interlock. 
  • Edward A. (Ed) Carey_3
    Edward A. (Ed) Carey_3 Member Posts: 236
    edited December 2009
    Question

Ed,

What is the manufacturer of the waste Oil heater that you have problems with?

Ed Carey
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,929
    Reznor

We are installing a 140K Reznor .. No problem yet , but when the spray booth run you barely can open up the door.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Glen Aspen_2
    Glen Aspen_2 Member Posts: 53
    An interlock is just one step -

By your description the paint booth is exhausting your interior air at a very high rate - this will affect all fuel burning appliances in the building. I would recommend a direct fired make up air unit to replenish interior air and minimize negative pressures; this in turn would be interlocked to the paint booth exhaust fan. So when the booth was activated the DFMUA would also energize. A secondary interlock may be necessary (via intermediary relay on the DFMUA) for the oil burner if start times exceed 90 seconds or so.  It all depends on your local building and gas code for make up air.
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    Paint booth

I'm confuse at what type of piant booth it is.Most the ones i have seen all ready have a gas fired makeup air unit on them.They are also closed off from the rest of the building..hint the word booth.Any filters and filter rack in the floor?

Sounds more like a diy paint booth if you know what I mean.Beware, Big Ed.
This discussion has been closed.