Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Have you ever seen a check out procedure for a tiger loop?

Options
Coany
Coany Member Posts: 91
I was just wondering if anybody has ever seen a written check out procedure for a tiger loop?

I have seen all sorts of conditions where I thought it might be failing but don't know exactly how to know for sure?

No oil in the top/ then totally full/ then empty again??

top part dusty, like there has never ever had any oil through it?

both of these burners were working fine.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I assume..

I assume you read the instruction that came with it. They say that there should never be any oil in the upper chamber. In the lower chamber, oil is normal. On a gravity system, the lower chamber will fill completely over time. They also say to replace it after eight years working or not. I guess they have some kind of self destruct timer.

It appears to me that the oil swirls around inside the unit, when certain pressure conditions exist, it can escape into the lower chamber but there is some sort of valve in the top of that chamber that allows excess air to escape into the upper chamber. Then the upper chamber vents into the air from under the black cap. That's all I know. Might want to email Westwood. I had a good experience asking them a question by email a couple of weeks ago.
  • Coany
    Coany Member Posts: 91
    Options
    no oil in the top?one third full is the norm.

I have read the rather brief and vague pamphlet that comes with them.

What I have been looking for for some time is a 5-step check out procedure.

I hate to guess and be wrong with any expensive part.

• ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    Options
    1/3rd full.

If you look closely at the clear top part of the unit, you see it is divided into two sections. There should be no oil in the top part but oil in the lower part is normal.
  • D107
    D107 Member Posts: 1,852
    Options
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options
    Have you ever seen a check out procedure for a tiger loop?

Coany, If my attachement work go to the end of page two and I think you'll find some of what you're looking for.

This discussion has been closed.