Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A KISS SYSTEM

I'm going to be installing a  HWBB system in my house.  Up till not for the last 25 years we've only heated with wood stoves.  I want to install a KISS system (keep it simple stupid).  I've done a heat loss and have installed about half of the convectors.  I'm hoping to use a TT solo 60 and was thinking of weather to go valves or circs.  Then got thinking about all the central heating I've seen in the UK , they are pretty simple basically just a boiler, a pump and radiators with TRV's and a tank at a higher level.

I was thinking of running straight thru a VSD/T or a VSD/P circ constantly with TRV's My real question I guess, is will these circs hold up running constantly and how much electricity will the use.  TT doesn't show any set-up like that and how would I control the firing of the boiler without a T'stat.

Your thoughts, and comenents would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    No brainer

Trv's use no electricity. Although you would need 2 circs to allow the boiler to have full flow for when all but one radiator shuts off. It would also save electricity to go with a variable speed circ on the secondary loop. WW
  • Clif Heeney_2
    Clif Heeney_2 Member Posts: 53
    Outdoor Reset

Is is possible to go with outdoor reset?

I live in Europe, and I have a small wall hung non-condensing boiler with outdoor reset and TRV's. 

It seems to me that when the TRV's call for heat the boiler is modulating up and down due to the outdoor reset,  the circulator is running.  Sometimes I go down to the boiler room and the small circulator is running but the boiler is not firing.  Other times I go down and there is no firing and no circulating happening.

The boiler would be controlled in its firing by the TRV's opening and closing and of course the water temp would be controlled by the outdoor reset.

I have enjoyed our system, which is very KISS for going into our 7th winter.  It is very cost efficient.
This discussion has been closed.