Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Zone Valves

JamieP
JamieP Member Posts: 27
What have you guys found to be the most energy efficient zone valve on the market?

We are always trying to make are systems more and more efficient and with the introduction of the Grundfus Alpha zone valves are going to be even more present in the US.

Comments

• 3-watts

I've been using the Caleffi 676159A body with 656159A 24-v operator. Uses just 3-watts and incorporates an end switch to trigger the circ/boiler relay. Part of my own 10-zone hydronic radiant system's more than 90% watt-energy-reduction diet. I went from more than $400.00 annual power use to just over $34.00 while moving thermal comfort from boiler to emitters because they're working seemlessly with two Grundfos Alpha circs (5-up hi-temp & 5-dn lo-temp zones) on auto adapt. I'm drawing 7-watts each on the circs and have 4 zones "on" as we speak. Total power consumption including the zone relay transformer is 31-watts! My old system would have been gulping down more than 500-watts with just four of my zones active. Been 'watching' my system's power usage for a long time with a Kill-a-Watt meter.
This discussion has been closed.