Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Can you identify this thermostatic valve actuator?

Hi guys,

     Working at a building that has about 20 thermostatic radiator valves that we have never seen before (with at least half of them failed), and am hoping someone can identify, and if possible provide info for a retrofit solution without having to replace the valves as they are in great shape.  The valves are made by Hammond, which is now owned by Milwaukee valve Co, and they have told us that they have no idea about the actualtors, and those valve types were discontinued long long ago (no help).  The actuators say "TA" and "RVT" on them and "Made in Sweden".  The closest thing we have found is Oventrop, as they thread on with a "spud nut" but they will not fit on the valves, as we can't push them down far enough to start the threads.  The nut on the Oventrop appears to be the same size and thread but we don't know for sure.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide 8-)


  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Jah, foor suuure Olie...

    those would be tour andersson operators.


    Say hello to Sven :-)

    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    For Replacement

    Try either the Oventrop "LD" heads or their remote actuators.  Danfoss also makes a well stocked line of dependable actuators or remote actuators.
This discussion has been closed.