Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Grundfos ALPHA2?

Options
adambuild
adambuild Member Posts: 414
What's the difference between the original ALPHA and the ALPHA2? I asuume improvements, what are they? How do I order? Is there a different model number? Thanks in advance, Adam

Comments

• adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options
    Kudos!

Kudos to not one, but two Grundfos employees for very quickly emailing a response to my Alpha question! Very impressive! Here's one of the responses from Kirk Vigil FYI:

"Name: Kirk Vigil

E-mail Address: [u][color=#0000ff]kvigil@grundfos.com[/color][/u]

Phone Number: 913 227-3405

Company: Grundfos Pumps

The ALPHA 2 is the current European model.  The North American version released this year is only ALPHA, (I know sounds backwards).   We took the ALPHA 2 and "North Americanized" it, designing with a flatter performance curve to suit NA needs for less head and higher flow than needed in Europe.

We took away the 'Night Setback' feature as it does not really apply in NA systems and that is usually controlled somewhere else in the system.

We added the Flow Indicator LED readout.  The European ALPHA 2 only shows watts, or energy consumption.

The plug had to be changes and we are getting ready to intorduce a conduit connection, and we took off the unions and made them flanges.

The ALPHA is the newest version available in the U.S.  We also have it in Stainless Steel."

Thanks guys! Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.