Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Solar Hot Water Technical Documents

Martin Romero
Martin Romero Member Posts: 40
Fellow Solar Enthusiasts,

I'm enjoying following the threads every couple of days.  I've written to the forum a few times and have derived great benefit, especially in installing my space-heating, SDHW combination system; it's taken me a year, but it's now in the fine tuning mode.

I'd like to learn a lot more about Solar Hot Water.  Can any of you point me in the direction of some in-depth technical/research documents that would help me gain a greater knowledge of this discipline.  I want to grow my skills and be able to contribute more fully to this "wall."  By the way, I've read the Tom Lane book several times over as well as the book by Rob Ramlow.

Gracias,

Martín Romero

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 21,975
    a couple more to add

to your collection. These are technical journals available online as a pdf at www.caleffi.com Register there to receive hard copies.

# 3 and #6 are solar issues.

"Planning and Installing Solar Thermal Systems" is another great one. The German Solar Energy Society put it together. A bit $$ but used ones are online at amazon from time to time.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Martin Romero
    Technical Documents

Hot Rod,

Thanks for the leads.  I will follow up on these.  Thanks for your frequent and helpful contributions to this forum.

Martín
  • Fortunat
    Fortunat Member Posts: 103
    It's not free but....

It is not free like the Caleffi flyers, but for my money this is the best basic solar thermal book I've seen. It has info ranging from absoltuely basic to relatively technical and although the english is sometimes a bit patchy, it generally is easy to read and has great illustrations.

http://browse.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?ath=German+Solar+Energy+Society+%28DGS%29

if that link doesn't work, search the web for :

"Planning and Installing Solar thermal systems: a Guide for Installers, Architects and Engineers"

good luck,

~Fortunat

• Martin Romero
    Technical Documents

Fortunat,

Hot Rod also recommends this book.  I'm more determined than ever to get my hands on it, which I will soon.

Gracias,

Martín
This discussion has been closed.