Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Isolation valve???

uy0987y89 Member Posts: 1
hello there,

Is this pic of an isolation valve ??

I've never seen one like it... no handle , just a slot for a screw driver and maybe a place for an allen wrench. What gives????

I'm trying to help out a friend with a dead circulator, and thats what somebody installed above and below it.

If anyone has info on this, I'd really like to hear it.

Thanks !!!


  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Actually, they are quite common

    That is a set of isolation circ. flanges.  Most of the late models have been redesigned to incorporate a handle.  Try a hex head wrench before a screwdriver, if the valve has not been exercised it will probably "strip" the slot leaving it almost impossible to fit the wrench into.

    This might be a good time to change out the set.

    There was an error rendering this rich post.

  • Gary Jansen_4
    Gary Jansen_4 Member Posts: 77
    It looks like an early Taco Isovalve

    A fractional allen wrench or a flat blade screwdriver  will just make a mess. These valves need a metric allen wrench (8mm) I think. If anybody has tried to turn the valve previously without the metric allen, they have probably rounded out the socket, and at that point your hooped. Good luck, Gary
This discussion has been closed.