Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

B&G or Taco Flow Check Valves - either better?

Options
Pretty simple question:   Is there any reliability or functional advantage between the Bell & Gossett and Taco flow check valves?  Or are they both practically the same?

I see that they are similar in design, although the B&G has an extension of the weighted plug that guides the plug to the seat to in theory avoid chattering and make a more positive seat.

Thanks,

Al
Just a DIY'er trying to learn, and improve and maintain his converted ca 1929 overhead gravity hot water system since there is no one local that can.

Comments

• I have...

I have bitched and moaned to the B&G so called engineers at the shows about their too short stem on the flo control to put a wrench on the packing without removing and losing the clip from handle. Why you need to tighten the nut? Because the packing is dry and not greased, therefore, leaks and looks like crap after a year being in service.
  • Al Roethlisberger
    Al Roethlisberger Member Posts: 194
    Options
    Thanks

Interesting observation, thanks.

I have one of the Taco units and it almost appears that their flat bottomed weighted plug could sit/drop askew on the seat and leak, although perhaps in practice the hydrodynamics won't allow this to occur.

Al
    Just a DIY'er trying to learn, and improve and maintain his converted ca 1929 overhead gravity hot water system since there is no one local that can.
This discussion has been closed.