Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Condensing Boiler with vertical flue

Options
Brookdog
Brookdog Member Posts: 1
<span>I wanted to ask a question to you folks who might have some experience with the installation of condensing boilers. My old oil boiler is power vented out the side of the house through a wall in the basement. We just enlarged the back porch to accommodate a hot tub. The new porch is now less than two feet above the power venter. I know this is against code, so I have to make some changes. It's also going to be pretty stinky sitting in the hot tub.

I am hoping to install an oil fired condensing boiler that I can vent straight up through the new porch and up the outside wall of the house using PVC pipe. Does anyone know if this is possible with an oil fired boiler? </span>

<span>I have been looking at the Peerless Pinnacle and a Buderus model. I downloaded a bunch of files from the PB website. Thankfully, I don't have dial up anymore!

One of the spec sheets talks about the concentric vent. It is made of their PVC and has two pipes; one for vent and one for intake. It does show both, a vertical thru-the-roof and a horizontal application. But, it doesn't say 'specifically' that it can be used outside.  

What kind of problems could arise from installing the flue outside instead of inside. And, would I have to even use the concentric end unit? Couldn't the vent go out and up above the roof line (gable end of the house) using one pipe, and the intake pipe be installed just behind the boiler? Thanks. </span>
This discussion has been closed.