Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

cause of random 5- 10 second firing of bolier

Options
I've noticed a random 5 - 10 second firing of the boiler and was wondering the cause

of this besides faulty controls like thermostat and the air handler panel. 

My system is hydro-air with firstco and adp air handlers, TrolATemp zoning

WM Gold WTO-4, Beckett burner, Honeywell l7244u aquastat and Honeywell 8043e zone vales.  I don't think the problem is with the stats or airhandler controls since I observed this happening when the system was not in heat mode.  When I observed this, I would run down to the bolier to check the aquastat's temp and it is well above the LL.  Unfortunately,

I have not observed this happen while looking at the aquastat's TT LED to see if it's indeed the system calling for heat.  Is there anything in the burner that causes it to go into some sort of purge cycle based on some sensor?

Comments

• Glen Aspen_2
    Glen Aspen_2 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    years ago -

I had the same ghost firing on a Carlin burner. The oil burner safety relay was the cause.
  • HyrdoAirJoe
    HyrdoAirJoe Member Posts: 7
    Options
    re: Years ago

That would make sense if the system was calling for heat but I could swear this happens

without a call for heat or the aquastat calling for heat if it fell below LL-diff.  The problem is I have never been observing the aquastat when this has happen. 
This discussion has been closed.