Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

CO Elimination and Heating in Warehouses

Big-Al_2
Big-Al_2 Member Posts: 263
The company I work for has two rather large warehouses, around 200,000 square feet each.  We still have some propane lift trucks in the fleet, whose leases won't expire for a few years . . . so we do have to deal with a certain amount of CO being produced in the buildings.  I'm a mechanical engineer. My background has been more in production automation, but as staffing has been cut back, I'm being asked to step in on more facilities related projects.  I'm being asked to get involved in reducing the heating bills in these plants and at the same time getting a better handle on monitoring and eliminating or exhausting CO to keep air quality up.  Others have tried to implement monitoring, exhausting, and makeup air in the past . . . but the systems we have are less than stellar. I need to be able to make some solid recommendations on what to do to make things better.

1) I really want to educate myself on this.  Can anybody lead me to information on this type of thing . . . white papers, books, publications, government studies, manufacturers' web sites?

2) We're about 50 miles north of Milwaukee.  Can anybody recommend somebody in the Midwest (consultant maybe) who might be an expert on HVAC in this type of facility? 

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    warehouse air quality

do you have heat exchangers to pre-warm the makeup fresh air, from the reclaimed heat of the exhaust air [or vice-versa]?

have your CO2 detectors ever signaled a dangerous concentration? so many people use those propane powered fork lifts, that i thought they were safe.--nbc
This discussion has been closed.