Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help me to desing a new controls and manifold for pex tubing in the basement

Options
Wayne_16
Wayne_16 Member Posts: 130
I was asked to look at this house and desing a heating system to work. 

New house construction, 5 years old, Minnesota.  The tubing was laid in the the floor when the house was built.  No boiler, controls or piping above the manifolds..  I have deceided to use a triangle tube boiler once I find out how much tubing is in the floor and the approximate sq ft.  They would like the boiler to heat the domestic hot water also.  

My idea is to use the triangle tube boiler, with some sort of outdoor reset control.   Most likely a heatstor or simular water storage tank for the domestic.  I was wondering about the use of alpha pump(s) in the system would be benificial?

I would like help with picking the right components, valves, pumps, controls and piping layout etc.  Money is of a concern, but not the major one.  The system has to work when done.  There would only be one heating circuit and the water storage tank circuit.

I have used this site to help me in the service side and have done little design/build of a system.  I do not want to screw up the install.  Any and all suggestions are appreciated
This discussion has been closed.