Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pump troubles

Options
croslod
croslod Member Posts: 2
New here, just stumbled onto site today.  I have a wood boiler outside 100' from house all plumbing is 1'' pex or black iron pipe, after it goes into basement it goes through a plate hex then up 2' to a hex in the first furnace then up 10' to atic then 50' with another 4' of rise to a hex in second furnace above garage then back out to stove. I have a astro 30 that runs to a hex in the shop and a taco 0013 at the stove and a 0013 in the atic  before the rise in the garage and the 0013 at the stove locks up and the one in the atic wollered out the bushing in the impeller. I have no idea how to make this setup work. Please help!!!

Comments

• croslod
    croslod Member Posts: 2
    Options
    how bout this

Me agian, after  more research i am contemplating adding a second plate hex and making the second hex above garage a closed loop. Does any one have easy formulas to figure out what size pumps i need and what all i need to do to make a closed loop. That loop will have 100' feet of 1" pex non o2 barrier and a total of approximately 14 feet of virtical rise. From what i can tell i will need a30lb press pop off valve,expansion tank,air bleed,plate hex and a pump. Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.