Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

can U identify this tubing?

Options
Leo_G
Leo_G Member Posts: 89
Need to figure out what brand this tubing is, as I may be working on this system.

Thanx for your help!!

Leo

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    W.T.F.O.....

ARE THOSE SNAKES IN THE JOIST BAYS SHEDDING THEIR ANNUAL SKIN, OR IS YOUR OXYGEN BARRIER HEADED SOUTH???

Personally, I would treat it with many caveats, like am not responsible for existing conditions, or further degradation of system components etc... Then, I would treat it as an open system, 'cause without the barrier, that is essentially what it is.

Is there red glycnoids present in the fluid, or is that the tube colorization?

Sherly, (am I'm not gesting..) you can see a manufacturers name SOME where...

That's ugly Leo...

Why so hot?

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Al Roethlisberger
    Al Roethlisberger Member Posts: 194
    Options
    Perhaps not peeling, just trimmed...

I don't think the "skin" is peeling... almost looks like perhaps it has some sort of flat seam that has been trimmed near the connection to the manifold?

Al

• Leo_G
    Options
    that skin is a

stapling strip I believe. and yes the tube is red.

Am thinking very hard about working on this if my recommendations are accepted...

couple more photo's
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,192
    Options
    looks like early Entran or Twintran

early versions were red in color. Goodyear actually marketed some when the legal battle was going on. It was on display at the early RPA in Denver, forgot the exact year. I thought it was yellow in color though/

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Regardless of WHOSE it is....

based on the amount of rust on the Tele. I'd suggest it be treated as non oxygen barrier tube. Having spent a significant amount of time in the field inspecting Entran II systems, I do not believe it to be Entran. Theirs had no stapling flanges.

Twin Tran was essentially two small hoses extruded as one. They even had one that had a wire imbedded in it called Twin Tran Ni-Trace. Great concept, poor chemical formulation...

ME

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,435
    edited October 2009
    Options
    there were plenty...

of EPDM knockoffs though... I remember seeing something like that 10 years back at a trade show... 3/8"  rubber tube. poor O2 barrier. Be careful...

Looks like there is some Polybutylene in there too....

A total redo may be the best solution...
  • Leo_G
    Options
    homeowner got back to me

and says the tubing is Sunspot brand. Anyone help with finding the manufacture?

Leo G
This discussion has been closed.