Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is an ODR really helpfull

Options
Tony_55
Tony_55 Member Posts: 8
I have a peerless WV3 boiler with Honeywell aquastat and 3 Honeywell 8043E1012 zone valves and no tank - thinking of putting in an electric 50 gall Rheem tank to the tankless 5 gpm coil or an indirect tank in a series connection. Well will an outdoor Reset help in any way in this set up with or without a tank and is Taco/ Beckett or any other a good one . In fact what I am asking is which in your opinion the best ODR for this situation.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ODR

Dump the coil, add an Indirect and zone priorty. I use Taco so in your case add another zone for the indirect and use a  ZVC-404EXP Zone Control then add the Taco PC700 reset card that plugs into the zone control. It's a simple install for a simple system like yours. Use the energy you all ready have being produced and are paying for. Don't add more energy usage as you will be with the elec wtr htr.  Rule of thumb, for every 3 degrees I can run my system below 180 degrees I save 1 percent of fuel.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
    Options
    Have the same boiler

and added an indirect and outdoor reset to the system a few years ago ( abandoned the coil ) . We cut down fuel use 30% . Been at that figure for the 4 or 5 years since the switch .
This discussion has been closed.