Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pump SIze

CamW
CamW Member Posts: 1
Can anyone tell me if there is an easy pump size formula for radiant circulation pumps. My floor has 300 foot loops of 1/2 diameter pex with 4 to a zone. Will a Taco 007 be big enough for this size loo.

Thanks

Cam

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    007 is a stretch

a Taco 00R or a Grundfoss 15-58 would be a better fit.

300' Feet of tubing is 18ft. of head.
  • NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    where did you get that?

18 feet of head? that's huge.

you need to know your flow rate requirements to know what size pump you want. that requires a heat loss. or you can ballpark it. If you're zoning by pump though 4 loops is nothing. I would not normally recommend zoning by pump though unless you only have a couple of zones.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Couple of questions

Does that 300' count from the manifold and back to it or is there 300' in the floor and then leader lengths from and to the manifold? Are you running 100 percent water or is their anti-freeze in the system? Max loop length on 1/2" is 300' so you are way out on the curve. May have to use a TA009 or a Grunfos 26-99 depending on the anwser to the questions above. Keep in mind that we do not add up all the loops on the manifold. We only need to overcome loop that requires the highest head and flowrate. If we can overcome that we can overcome the others.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.