Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pump Location

ihbhogger
ihbhogger Member Posts: 2
I am thinking about installing a run of radiant heat in the kitchen from the basement. Right now I have two high temp zones (baseboard) and want to make this new zone temp. controlled using a 3-way mixing valve. Right now the two current  pumps are located to "Pump Away". I have seen diagrams using a mixing valve with the pump installed between the mixing valve and the radiant manifold and also installed on the return side of the radiant loop. My question is where should the pump be located on this new radiant zone.

Comments

• As Brad White says,,,,

if the circ is "before" the so called MV,,,, it becomes a "diverting valve",,,, if after it then becomes a mixing-valve.
  • JK_3
    JK_3 Member Posts: 240
    edited October 2009
    if you must

If you must use a mixing valve as opposed to The Taco rdiant mixing block (or something equal) then I would set up as a constant flow pumping the mixed side of the mixing valve. And a flow check on the hot supply from the boiler.If you wanted more control then a second pump contolled by a thermosat( ie: pirmary/secondary pumping) is an option Hope this helps.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• ihbhogger
    ihbhogger Member Posts: 2
    Thanks

Thanks for the info. Looks like my question is answered.
This discussion has been closed.