Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where's Waldo?

Well, not Waldo, but GrandPAH! (Hint: parked behind Penn State's house top center red truck - at that time I was under the house.)

So, Big Brother was watching! Lois & I were asked to lend a hand by the Penn State students more than a year ago and we worked with them on main campus for their HVAC Fujitsu mini-splits (26-SEER & 12-HSPF). The students changed the outdoor unit locations, so a trip to The Mall in DC was required this past Monday. Have volunteers will travel(G).

Had the whole thing planned right down to the minute: finish by five PM and take my bride out for a lovely dinner in DC. The best laid plans of mice & men.........

Wisconsin's HVAC contractor left them at the altar. Would not return phone calls. They asked if we would be willing. Turned out they had some Mitsubishi mini-splits & we're Mitsubishi Diamond Dealers. What are the odds!?! So, there we were - materials required on the truck - process nitrogen, vacuum pump & digital micron gauges too, which the inspectors checked closely while working at Penn State's entry. How could we say no to such a great group of students.

It was a much later return to our home than we'd planned and dinner was put off until after 11:00PM. Leftovers at home(G).

Hard to describe how great it felt to be on hand to lend a hand to those so richly deserving a break with the round-the-clock work schedules they've been keeping - getting caught up in the excitement that is the Solar Decathlon with young men and women who have yet to conceed to anything anyone says cannot be done or accomplished!  

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Good on you....

A great mentor at work.

I talked to the engineering professor who had worked the previous Colorado entry's, and he said he would be there to "watch", but not lose so much sleep.

May the best team win. Hopefully they will get some sun shine this year.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.