Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for a Viessmann Vitola 200 with gas burner gurus.

Hey guys, I'm looking for someone that has experience with setting up the gas burner on a Vitola 200 VB2-22, with gas burner # 7133338.

My employere inherited this boiler about 8 months ago, and it has been going into burner lockout (fault d1) about every 3 months. The flame sensor is cleaned every time and it seems to run OK for a while.

Well I got to see this unit for the first time, and I performed a combustion analysis on it, and the O2 was 0.9%, the CO was over 3000ppm ( the lockout on my Testo).

Now here's what confused me. I checked the manifold gas pressure, at the tap on the manifold pipe, and it was + .42", but the name plate calls for 2.6". Now obviouslly, I didn't want to add gas pressure and make this thing fire worse, so I left the gas pressure at .4" and opened the air gate form # 5 to # 20. This gave me a 5.5% O2 and my CO came down to 14 ppm. This may not be to spec, but at least it's clean and reasonable numbers in my book.

Does anybody have the specs for this boiler/burner combo. Also, am I checking the gas pressure correctly, or am I missing something???

T.I.A.

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Docs

attached is the service manual
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    edited October 2009
    Thanks Paul,

appreciate the manual. Now i can see my combustion numbers are pretty good, other than my draft (- .04"), but my setting numbers are not right, such as the air gate, and manifold gas pressure.
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    Bump

Just a bump to see if anyone here has done a setup on these units that could give me a clue about why my settings versus combustion readings don't match Viessmann's settings versus combustions readings. In other words, what am I missing.
This discussion has been closed.