Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

New heating system

Glen_7
Glen_7 Member Posts: 82
I will be moving into a new (older) home in about 4 weeks. The current heating system uses an atmospheric gas boiler with a separate h/w tank, both past their useful life. The emitters are baseboard.  Since I have an opportunity to do this right, I wanted some feedback. We are going to be installing central a/c, with the accompanying ductwork. This gives me the additional option of putting in hydro air, and removing the baseboards. I have had hydro air in past homes and found it noisy, but comfortable. The baseboards are pretty ugly and if I keep them I will find better covers for them. I guess my question is; Are their efficiency differences between baseboard vs. hydro air? I don't have a problem springing for a mod-con w/outdoor reset, but from what I have read, these low mass emitters may not get the most out of the new system. I also wanted to know, if we kept the baseboards, if in certain rooms I could change the baseboard over to new radiators (after doing a heat loss and sizing them properly). I'm not certain if these play well together.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!