Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New heating system

Options
Glen_7
Glen_7 Member Posts: 82
I will be moving into a new (older) home in about 4 weeks. The current heating system uses an atmospheric gas boiler with a separate h/w tank, both past their useful life. The emitters are baseboard.  Since I have an opportunity to do this right, I wanted some feedback. We are going to be installing central a/c, with the accompanying ductwork. This gives me the additional option of putting in hydro air, and removing the baseboards. I have had hydro air in past homes and found it noisy, but comfortable. The baseboards are pretty ugly and if I keep them I will find better covers for them. I guess my question is; Are their efficiency differences between baseboard vs. hydro air? I don't have a problem springing for a mod-con w/outdoor reset, but from what I have read, these low mass emitters may not get the most out of the new system. I also wanted to know, if we kept the baseboards, if in certain rooms I could change the baseboard over to new radiators (after doing a heat loss and sizing them properly). I'm not certain if these play well together.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.