Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Zone valves for Non 02 barrier tubing.

Anyone aware of a particular valve to avoid in this situation? A best bet valve? How about a pressure differential bypass valve?

I have worked for commercial and industrial mechanical contractors for the past 30 yrs. I have access to good deals all over town. I would like opinions other than those of these salespeople

Comments

• digger_2
    digger_2 Member Posts: 39
    zone valves for non 02 barrier tubing

Just asking again for advice on zone valve and PDV. I don't want to have a failure that someone else has seen before.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Rather than what NOT to use....

The only valve that I am aware of that is compatible with oxygenated water is the Taco ball type zone valve.

I believe the White Rodgers cylinder valve is also an option, but no one can figure out their bazarre wiring.

I would NOT use a Honeywell V 8043 series valve. The rubber ball is not meant for continuous exposure to O2 and will swell up and lock the valve up.

As for PDV, any brass valve should be compatible, but then again, I guess you've already been down the Yellow Brass road eh...

If you maintain a pH of around 8.5, you should be in good shape. Check with the folks at Rhomar Water for their recommendations as it pertains to chemicals.

HTH

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Taco EBV

Taco EBV would be my choice.  Teflon seated stainless ball valve with solid brass body.  Easy wiring and service too.
    "If you don't like change, your going to like irrelevance even less"
  • digger_2
    digger_2 Member Posts: 39
    Zone valves for Non 02 barrier tubing.

thanks for replies. taco it will be. The belated acknowledgement is because I was out of town this past week. I did visit the solar home competition in Washington DC on the Mall. It started yesterday and runs through at least next friday. Most competitors were using evacuated tubes for water heating. they also mostly use veissman resets controllers and backup boilers
This discussion has been closed.