Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Arrggh! not the swine flu, but a PIG

Options
Leo_G
Leo_G Member Posts: 89
Have just spent some time going through old posts about the Pressure Injected Glycol system that was once showcased here (M.E. was that you?).

Couldn't find a diagram. Anyone able to help?

Thanx!

Comments

• PaulR
    PaulR Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Is this the Glycol Pig you're looking for?

I drew this up when I first heard ME talk about it.  I think this is what he had in mind.

Hope this helps.

Paul
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Yup....

That's it. The only thing I would add is a drain (fill) cock between the tank and the PRV.

ME

PS, Nice drawing Paul!

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Leo_G
    Options
    WOW!

This is what blows me away about this place.

BOOM!

Answered!

Anudder question, you ever set that up with an aux. tank, just to have a few more gallons of mixture? The reason that I ask, is this driveway rises about 50 feet, and the system is older, and not really sure how it is going to fill up. So I thought that if I could use the PIG to add mixture in case there was some big air bubbles that spoot out after we are done.Would go back maybe after a couple of good cold nights where we knew the system would have run, then take the tank away.

Any moreo thoughts?

Thanx again gents, you are the best!
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    That or...

a BIGGER floor mount tank will suffice. Might be less expensive to use a floor mount than to have to pipe two in.

If you do a super duper job of purging the system out, with a pump with large cajones, the amount of air that will come out of suspension is around 2% of the volume of the fluid in the system.

On problematic systems, you could use a flexible hose to make the connection between the PIG and the system, and carry a charged PIG in the back of your truck that could be exchanged for the partially empty tank on the fly.

Or, go to the Axiom Glycol Feeder as is shown to the lower right hand corner of this page :-)

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Leo_G
    Options
    Mark,

do you mean a bigger expansion tank?

As usuall I was thinking a lot more complicated. You knoe, a small electric tank or some such, valves, guages, etc  LOL!

Thanx again guys!
This discussion has been closed.