Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Zone pump...Zone valve ??

Yooper
Yooper Member Posts: 1
I am working on a home built 30 years ago.  It has zones valves controlling flow to the three zones. The zones are all fin tube radiators that are supplied with 1/2" plastic tubing of some type. We now have only one pump on the boiler.

The farthest zone from the boiler doesn't have enough flow through it to heat properly.  It works OK if the other two zones aren't calling for heat.  We are considering adding a separate pump for the far zone only.

I'm thinking that I would have to leave the zone valve installed on that run to keep that zone from circulating when it is not calling for heat.  Wouldn't the regular pump on the boiler push water through that zone even when the new zone pump is not running??  Unless I kept the original zone valve in place to prevent that??  The new zone pump would have to be located very close to the boiler because the tubing disappears under the concrete floor.

Or would a larger pump on the main boiler be a better solution?  The boiler pump now is a B&G NRF-22.

Thanks for any advice!!

Comments

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Try the Wilo Eco i

It would be great for your application. Set the head on the pump and then it will auto adjust to how many zones are open to maintain constant pressure. Great fit. Cost few hundred bucks more overall but would work great for you.
This discussion has been closed.