Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydro Heat Pumps

Options
I would to know if there many contractors who have installed Hydro Heat pumps (magnum series) water to water? I have several of these units out and had lots and lots of problems.I've had one unit in for ten months broke down four times, and while working on it the fourth time it caught fire.I had to replace the unit or (my insurance company did as well as pay for cleaning the house that had soot everywhere). I replaced it with the same  brand and same model unit and in seven weeks  this unit failed as well, the line broke off the TXV again. The home owner would not let me repair the unit I had to replace it with a different brand and had no problems.

1. Lines break off on TXV from vibration.

2. Line break off on discharge of compressor from vibration.

3. High pressure sensor break off from vibration.

4. Low limit switches fail.

5. Compressor failure.

I live in Minnesota and we are required to file inspection on all jobs we do.We have been written up by the department of labor and industries for equipment not having UL ,ETL or CSA listing on it.The company has sent a replacement out but that also come without a sticker as well.They sent out a sticker a (ETL sticker) and said to put it on the equipment and according to ETL this elegal to do.If you are a home owner or a contractor and find you do not have this label you need to contact you local inspector. Other states as well Minnesota require a product test.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.