Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trying the new Wall ........ Replacement boiler

RonJunior
RonJunior Member Posts: 3
Here's a job we did last week . Big ol' cast iron boiler . 5 heating zones . The wiring was atrocious . Took me an hour to sort it out and figure out what wire went to what zone . And then the ripout began . We're still circaholics . I'm trying to change that ..........

Comments

• RonJunior
    RonJunior Member Posts: 3
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,554
    Looks Good!

Nice Job!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • KevinCorr
    KevinCorr Member Posts: 106
    zone valves?

You don't like zone valves? Why not?
  • Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
    Not my choice

In any event , I wouldn't even think of using zone valves for a 3 zone boiler or less . This job ? Different story .
  • Ron Jr._3
    Thanks Robert

I appreciate someone that can appreciate hard work . Not the best by a long shot . But a fair shot better than what was there .
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,554
    I'm

well aware of the amount of  back breaking work that went into that.One day?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 441
    If you don't do it

you have no idea of the amount of work squeezed into one day. Like everything else if you don't know you can't appreciate it. Good work Ron Jr as always.

Ron
  • Ron Jr._3
    Ron

This was a 2 day job . And 2 very looooong days . Just 3 of us . The ripout was the worst part . Up a full flight of stairs through the house maybe 75 feet , then back to the driveway another 75 . Adds alot of time to the job compared to a cellar entrance near the driveway . Which we never have on Long Island :)

Thanks alot Ron .
This discussion has been closed.