Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

riello 40 series pump seal leak

Options
md
md Member Posts: 24
has anyone had more then normal leaks from pump seals,,, we  have had a few more then normal and  burners have the hydraulic jacks on them with no leaks from jack just the pump seal, once changed problem is solved,,,,
michael

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options
    Re: Pump seal

I seen that trouble a few years ago but nothing lately. On the ones you have found are there any consistencies with regard to how the fuel line is piped to the fuel unit?
    Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
  • md
    md Member Posts: 24
    Options
    seal leak

hi alan, they are all piped 3/8 oil line, single line gravity feed,,,, 1 general filter at tank,,,, we had 1 seal fail about a year ago burner had about 5 minutes of running time, changed pump and unit is great,,, but these last couple ran leak free for 2 years then leaked,,,, thanks, hope your doing well i have not seen you alan since the dynatherm parties a few years ago,,,
    michael
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options
    Pump seals

If they have all been gravity jobs were the tanks much higher than the fuel units? I’m thinking this may have been a few cases where and OSV should be installed? That is if you haven’t already installed them.

I’m doing ok, thanks for asking. Boy those parties were a long time ago and I miss them. Kerry and Andrea always treated people right!
    Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
This discussion has been closed.