Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Primary Secondary piping

Options
Roxshock
Roxshock Member Posts: 6
I ran across this piping diagram on a job bidding this month. Based upon what what I've read and researched on Primary/Secondary this piping arrangement will not work. The system loop is 3" .  Can anyone comment???

Comments

• Roxshock
    Options
    Drawing of system in question

Here is the drawing I am refering to
  • Rich L_5
    Rich L_5 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Drawing?

I still don't see a drawing?
  • Roxshock
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Drawing

This is the third time i tried to send out the drawing but the attachment does not show up.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    PDF Files

cannot be uploaded. Only pic files. Been down that road too. Dan offered to put these in the library under the resource section, I e-mailed him the Taco Wiring Guide and he put that on there. May do the same for you. Just ask.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Roxshock
    Options
    Here is the drawing

Thanks for the help. Needs to be a .jpg file
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Options
    That is almost primary-secondary piping.

N.B.: I am not a professional.

I think it would work and is essentially primary-secondary piping, but it does not agree with the diagrams I have seen for doing it with multiple boilers.

From my reading, both in the installation manual for my W-M Ultra-3 boiler and from Figure 3-27 of John Siegenthaler's book, "Modern Hydronic Heating ..." 2nd Edition, it looks as though one should use one set of Closely Spaced Tees (in the boiler part of the system). The supplies from the individual boilers connect through individual flow-check valves to the stem of the T downstream in the secondary circuit. The downstream stem from the T upstream in the secondary circuit goes to the return to the boilers. Use suitable isolation valves here and there. The system in the diagram uses two less Ts, so it may make sense.
This discussion has been closed.