Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitocell Question

PeterGriffin
PeterGriffin Member Posts: 79
I've got a 120gal Vitocell 100, what kind of aquastat are you folks using for it? Does Veissman make one for it? I have a regular, generic Honeywell aquastat on there now, and I'm not happy with the fitment or even the look really. I've asked around and had no luck.

Anyone?

Thanks

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Viessmann

Are you using their boiler or another manufactures? If their boiler  which model.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • PeterGriffin
    Yes

Using four of their boilers, actually. Vitodens 100. We're using them for the in-floor heating of a helicopter hangar, the Vitocell is being used primarily for the safety shower.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    setpoint control

I use a tekmar 150 setpoint control, rather than the aquastat; 98% of the time we install the VitoCell tanks with a Viessmann boiler control, which connects the tank directly to the computer and manages setpoints. The tekmar 150 allows visual display of the settings and differentials.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Vitodens Multiple Boiler Application

I'm assuming you are using the old WB1A series and these boilers are being staged.

You would need the following:

1 - Versatronik 200 #7416 059 - Controls up to 8 boilers

4 - CoCo OT Adaptor #7416 060

1 - Mixing Valve Adapter #7416 061

1 - Mixing Valve Acutator #7133 390

1 - Approriately sized Viessmann Mixing Vlv

or you could scrap the whole 100 idea and use the new  VItodens 200 WB2B105 which is 370,000 btu. Already has the control you need in it and way less expensive.  I'm of course assuming your load is 400k based on using 4 100 boilers. Check it out..
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    edited August 2009
    Vitodens choices

Using one boiler would be more efficient and cost effective. The one drawback is that the 120g tank needs 15-40min to recharge, depending upon input and incoming CW temps. The boiler can be programmed to either make the DHWT a priority zone and shut off the heating pump until the tank is charged or not. You'd want priority zoning because the Vitodens ramps up to high temp to recover the tank, and ramps down for the radiant load, when the tank is satisfied. While you will need a low loss header, a mixing valve is not required if radiant design temps are the same (i.e. slab on grade)

Have you spoke with the Viessmann engineers about the project?

The other way to design is to use a larger boiler for the radiant load and a separate boiler dedicated for the DHWTank.
  • PeterGriffin
    Design

I took no part in the design and very little of the install. I will post up pictures tomorrow when I go out there. The job, to my knowledge, was designed by the boiler rep in Edmonton(drawing a blank on the name right now,) although I could be wrong. There is a low-loss header installed, running to a HPS panel. We have an HBX Control running the four boilers.

For now, I have it working by programming the HBX to run it's pump outputs fulltime, and adding the stat in-line, they need hot water for the occupancy permit. After reading this, I'll try getting the proper sensor tomorrow.

Big thanks to you all.
This discussion has been closed.