Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Condensing Wall Hung Oil-Boiler

Options
CMadatMe
CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
Rumour mill has it that the attached boiler or a version of it is at UL right know getting tested.
"The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    As much

as I'd like to see it,I doubt it.

"The Vitoladens 300-W offers trouble-free, efficient operation with
    low sulphur fuel oil EL to DIN 51603-1. The fuel tank does not
    need to be cleaned out before its first filling with this type of fuel"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • JackR
    JackR Member Posts: 125
    Options
    Waste of time

That would be a huge waste of their time and efforts over here, Buderus is having trouble enough trying to convince people of the benefits of the Blueflame let alone the condensing. It seems that would be a huge investment right now to sell a 75 boilers a year. Viessmann should be putting more effort into trying to overcome the " Snobbish " stigma they have created!!
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    What are

the benefits of the blueflame non -condensing unit? Low NOX? I love this kind of stuff,but it's a hard sell!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    I believe

that they are doning just that right now with the New Vitodens 100 and 200. Price point has come down right there with the competition. The new boilers as of today are only being released to the northeast and they are trying to break that stigma.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.